“Diversity in Tech” event, which will take place in Brussels (Belgium) on June 19th, will bring together leading women from the technology sector to discuss the role of women in this industry and how to encourage the presence of people from diverse backgrounds in technology.
The goal of this conference is to challenge stereotypes and promote diversity, both racial and gender, in the corporate culture of the companies in the technology industry. Traditionally, the technological field has been dominated by the masculine gender, a situation that now seeks to reverse to give more opportunities to workers of more diverse social origins.
In addition, the event will analyze the current state of diversity policies in the sector and the best ways to attract and retain talent in the technology sector.
Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society, will be the main speaker at the conference. For her, “Europe’s education and training systems must provide people of all backgrounds with the right skills to progress and thrive professionally, but also enable them to be committed citizens.We must harness the potential of education to foster social cohesion and a sense of belonging” – In the context of the digital education action plan recently launched by the European Commission in January 2018
Among the speakers, the following stand out:
- Yvonne Agyei (Chief People Officer): Booking.com
- Malavika Vivek (Executive Director and Co-founder): Girls Make Apps
- Kurt Schöffer (CEO): Auticon
- Helga Stevens (MEP): Parlamento Europeo
- Khadijat Abdulkadir (Fundadora y CEO): Digital African Woman (DAW)
- Hayley Sudbury (Fundadora y CEO): WERKIN
- Cheryl Miller Van Dyck (Fundadora y CEO): Digital Leadership Institute
- Corinna Horst (Senior Fellow & Directora Adjunta, Oficina de Bruselas): The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Cecilia Bonefeld-Dahl (Directora General): DIGITALEUROPE
- Siada El Ramly (Directora General): EDiMA
Please, click here for more information.