The tenth edition of the International Security Forum 2018 (FIC) will be held next 23 January to 24 January 2018 in Lille (France).
This event is considered as the leading event on Cybersecurity and Digital Trust in Europe. It aims at promoting a collective European vision of cybersecurity and strengthening fighting against cybercrime.
This year’s topic is “Hyperconnection: the resilience challenge”. We are inmersed in a “hyperconnection” era like never before, people are connected at all times and interact continuously.
In order to communicate, we use networks, which pose resilience challenges. Networks are vulnerable and, therefore, they respond in different ways to the consequences of an attack. Most Governments and IT companies in the world are trying to respond to these threats by developing new security technologies and adopting their behaviors and practices. This set of changes and new practices is now called “Cyber Resilience”.
The International Security Forum 2018 (FIC) will count with the presence of important public personalities such as the French Interior and Defense Ministers, the the Secretary of State for Digital Economy and the European Commissioner for the Security Union.
There will also be numerous speakers with different backgrounds, i.e. engineering and IT companies (Thales, Airbus, Google, among others), Universities (University of Grenoble Alps), Public Sector (Ministry of the Armed Forces of France, European Commission, European Parliament, etc.) and International Think Tanks (Carnegie Endowment for International Peace).
The fair is divided in the following sections:
- A Trade show to bring together members of the industry and their products and services.
- A Forum to discuss and debate with experts, to gather ideas and to share professional lessons .
- An Observatory to continue exchanging views and information after the FIC, to explore topics in greater depth and to consolidate our network of experts and like minded throughout the year.
The event will be held in at the Lille Grand Palais and the opening hours will be:
- Tuesday, January 23th 2018 – 09:00 to 19:00.
- Wednesday, January 24th – 09:00 to 18:00.